Welcome to the Auto Shop Connection website and accompanying podcast show where you will learn about a variety of auto repair topics that will be covered in articles and podcast show episodes. This post will introduce you to the vision and mission of the website and podcast episodes.
Having worked in the automotive service industry in various positions for over forty years, my passion is to help auto shop customers get the best possible service from a professional repair shop. This is what motivates me to offer these resources.
This site is for auto owners “looking for the best auto repair shop to meet their unique needs.” It will provide articles and audio podcasts where owners can discover how to save money, time and frustration by connecting with reliable, efficient, and trustworthy auto repair professionals.
This is also a place where auto repair shop owners can share their story and present reasons why they believe an auto owner will benefit by coming to their facility for repair and service.
I’m excited to get started on this site and podcast. A lot of thought and planning has gone into the content and methods for gathering and sharing that content. This post will introduce my vision and give details about the various formats and topics presented in the podcast episodes.
From helpful auto repair and maintenance tips to information and resources about ways to save money, my goal is to help auto owners get maximum life from their vehicle(s) by getting the best auto repair and maintenance in the most convenient and efficient way.
The following summary tells what the episodes will be like and what type of topics will be covered. To start with, I want to share . . .
How this automotive podcast show will be structured
The podcast episodes will primarily be some type of interview with an occasional break from that format. The interviews will be with professionals from various sectors of the automotive industry, automobile owners, or any individual with helpful information for auto owners.
The Automotive Repair professionals interviewed will include shop owners, managers, or employees who have helpful information about:
- How to save money on auto repairs
- How to work with repair shops
- How to find repair shops that will best meet your needs
The Automotive Sales professionals will share helpful information about:
- New versus previously owned vehicle purchases
- How to sort through vehicle purchase jargon
- Negotiating to get your best purchase price
Automotive Parts professionals will share important aspects about purchasing parts including:
- Differences between low and high cost parts
- How parts are warrantied
- How to make better decisions with your repair shop about which parts to use
Automotive Warranty professionals will explain various aspects of:
- What new car warranties cover
- Local versus national repair shop warranties
- What an extended warranty is and what it covers
An automobile owner is anyone who has a car, van, pickup truck, or SUV they need to keep on the road and could include:
- Teenagers just starting to drive
- Working individuals or parents chauffeuring kids from event to event
- Older adults or senior citizens on a fixed income
- Single and upwardly mobile persons
- Small businesses or organizations with a fleet of vehicles
Occasional breaks from our standard interview format will focus on specific topics, such as:
- Specific vehicle systems, i.e. brakes, transmissions, steering, and suspension, etc.
- How to work with repair shops in ways that build trusting relationships
- How to know which type of shop to use – dealerships, franchises, or independent shops.
In wrapping-up this section, let me emphasize that Auto Shop Connections is NOT a site for DIY (do it yourself) vehicle repairs. You won’t find episodes about “how to” repair a specific problem, and technicians won’t be interviewed about “how to do” a particular type of repair. It is, however, possible that in the process of telling a story about a repair experience, some recommendation or word of advice about a specific repair process may be shared.
In describing the Auto Shop Connection website and podcast show, I’ve referred to it as . . .
A unique auto repair alliance to inform, educate, and share
My vision for this website and podcast is that it would be a unique venue providing impartial, easily accessible and understandable resources for anyone driving and maintaining cars or trucks. It is about connecting vehicle owners with information that will help them connect with economical, honest, and reliable auto repair best suited for their unique needs.
I also envision this website as a place where auto owners will have the chance to share what’s important to them . . . what they feel is essential for a satisfying relationship with a repair shop. In this way, repair shops can connect more closely with what customers want and make adjustments to improve the services they have to offer their customers.
My vision is to connect “good customers” with “good shops” which reflects my passion for excellent customer service and customer satisfaction. Car owners want a “good” shop that is fair, honest, and reliable where they can confidently take their car. Repair shops value “good” customers who understand the value of a “good” shop they can trust to take care of their vehicle, listen to their needs and make reasonable adjustments to accommodate those needs whenever possible.
I’m also excited to share my vision of . . .
The audience this podcast is meant for
These podcasts are designed for any individual or organization who:
- Believes it’s possible to save time and avoid frustration by connecting with a trustworthy, reputable dealership, independent repair shop, or franchise
- Is willing to connect via this site and social media
- Wants to save on auto repair with a trustworthy shop whose integrity and commitment to detail helps keep repair and maintenance costs down
- Manages their car repair dollars to keep their car working safely and efficiently
This podcast is also for any automotive shop owner, shop manager or employee who:
- Wants an opportunity to share how and why they provide auto owners with exceptional service
- Wants satisfied customers who will keep coming back
- Are confident they will be recommended to their customers’ family and friends
Highlighting exceptional auto repair shops
The mission of this website and its podcast episodes is to give our audience the tools necessary to find the best, most convenient and fairly priced automotive service and repair possible. The episodes will showcase repair shops that are doing exceptional things to put their customers first and keep them happy and loyal. They will “hold the bar high” to motivate other shops to follow their lead.
Some of our episodes will showcase shops already providing exceptional care to their customers. Presenting negative information about any particular shop is not the goal, but rather allowing trustworthy shops the opportunity to tell their story. Those who tune-in will be introduced to the shops showcased here and to discover one best suited to meet their unique needs.
While beyond the scope of this resource to interview automotive repair professionals in every community across the U.S., it is possible to share information that can help car owners identify qualities of exceptional shops. Armed with that information, finding shops in their communities with similar commitments to quality repair and customer service is possible.
The mission of this podcast and its website is to
- Provide a method for auto owners to give feedback to repair shops
- Enable repair shops to improve their organization by giving them a way to connect with their customers
- Create a platform for reviews, testimonials, and social media
- Showcase shops that are doing an exceptional job to earn customer trust
- Spread the word so customers looking for a great car repair experience can connect with shops providing great repair experiences
Each episode of this podcast will present helpful information, offer a teaching moment about car care, or share an experience others can benefit from.
My personal commitment to the AutoShopConnection.com audience regarding the website is:
- To never to solicit your auto repair business or allow anyone else on the site to do so
- To always share factual information with integrity
- To remind listeners this is not a DIY (do it yourself) repair production
- To NEVER share an individual’s information without that individual’s permission
If you’re glad you read this post and believe you can become more informed by returning again, sign up to be on the email list. This will allow you to stay connected as more helpful auto repair and service information and tips are shared here.
As an automotive owner please consider signing up for the free membership as this will make available additional information, resources, and opportunities to interact that won’t be accessible to non-members.
In closing, I’d would appreciate your input about the following . . .
- What topics would you like to hear about regarding auto repair and service?
- Are you more interested in repair pricing, or how to find a good shop?
- Would you be interested in the chance to help service professionals do a better job of meeting the needs of customers like yourself?
I welcome your questions, comments, or requests in the comment section below.
Remember, the goal of the Auto Shop Connection podcast and website is to provide the auto repair and service information you need, when you need it, from a source you can trust!